The Educational Environment project is called to answer the following question: what should education be like in modern society? At present, the project is formulating project goals and objectives and will focus on elaborating proposals to implement the following principles and concepts:
1. Learning should be a continuous process, i.e. we live in an era of change gaining momentum and knowledge rapidly becoming outdated. Science comes up with new, often unexpected solutions at the intersection of various disciplines, in all spheres of life, changing lifestyle, behaviors, and perceptions of time and space.
2. Communication and organization of the life of people is impossible without the use of contemporary technology and tools. The inability to use these tools and the absence of relevant skills among members of society will gravely hinder development and obstruct the introduction of more effective and highly-technological solutions that can improve labor productivity and life quality.
3. The whole population, without exception, should life in a constant mode of refreshing knowledge and skills. The education system should take this into consideration and be ready to work with all age and social groups.
4. The education system should be recalibrated so as to primarily introduce skills, the autonomous ability to acquire new knowledge, and the autonomous ability to learn, rather than the simple transfer of knowledge.
5. The education system should transform, from one that trains human resources, transfers knowledge, and conducts scientific research, to a natural environment of people. For the next decade, the government’s primary function should be to facilitate this transformation.